Jul 12, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Heartbreaking news to pass along. According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke just announced that shortstop Jean Segura has returned to his native Dominican Republic following the death of his nine-month-old son yesterday.
Segura has been placed on the bereavement list while Elian Herrera has been called up from Triple-A Nashville. Baseball isn’t even on the radar at a time like this, so the Brewers will obviously give him all the time he needs.
Our thoughts go out to Segura and his family.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)