Jul 12, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Perez, 32, hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2012. Last season, he pitched at Double-A for the Red Sox (30 2/3 innings) and at Triple-A for the Twins (four innings), posting a combined 2.60 ERA. This season, he has pitched at Triple-A with the Rangers (3 2/3 innings) and in the Mexican League with Rojos del Águila de Veracruz.
Over seven seasons in the major leagues, Perez has posted a 3.52 ERA in 329 innings.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 0
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 61
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 29
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (155)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)