Jul 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
In the third inning, the Rockies had runners on first and second with two outs and Justin Morneau at the plate. Morneau ripped a Kevin Correia offering back up off the middle, which slightly deflected off of Correia’s glove. Dozier, who was playing a few feet into right field, ranged over towards shallow center field to corral the ball before making an off-balance throw to home plate. The ball arrived in plenty of time for catcher Eric Fryer to apply the tag to Charlie Blackmon for the out.
Fryer was a bit slow in tagging Blackmon, however, so the play went to replay review and the out was ultimately upheld. Here’s the video:
Utley’s play in the 2008 World Series still wins in a contest between the two since A) it was the World Series and B) Utley deked.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)