Jul 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
In the third inning, the Rockies had runners on first and second with two outs and Justin Morneau at the plate. Morneau ripped a Kevin Correia offering back up off the middle, which slightly deflected off of Correia’s glove. Dozier, who was playing a few feet into right field, ranged over towards shallow center field to corral the ball before making an off-balance throw to home plate. The ball arrived in plenty of time for catcher Eric Fryer to apply the tag to Charlie Blackmon for the out.
Fryer was a bit slow in tagging Blackmon, however, so the play went to replay review and the out was ultimately upheld. Here’s the video:
Utley’s play in the 2008 World Series still wins in a contest between the two since A) it was the World Series and B) Utley deked.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)