Jul 12, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
There’s increasing evidence that Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton is not of this world. For instance, watch this ridiculous play last night against the Pirates.
Hamilton dropped down a bunt to lead of the bottom of the first inning. It looked like an easy play for first baseman Gaby Sanchez, but Hamilton somehow managed to wiggle around the tag and dive head-first into first base for a single. Watch it. I promise you’ll like it.
Amazing stuff. You could almost say that he became unstuck in time. Hamilton went 3-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored last night and is batting .285/.318/.424 with 29 extra-base hits (including five home runs) and 37 stolen bases over 88 games this season. He’s been a .300 hitter since mid-April and has played excellent defense in center field. The 23-year-old speedster has quickly become one of exciting players in the game.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (99)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)