Jul 12, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
There’s increasing evidence that Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton is not of this world. For instance, watch this ridiculous play last night against the Pirates.
Hamilton dropped down a bunt to lead of the bottom of the first inning. It looked like an easy play for first baseman Gaby Sanchez, but Hamilton somehow managed to wiggle around the tag and dive head-first into first base for a single. Watch it. I promise you’ll like it.
Amazing stuff. You could almost say that he became unstuck in time. Hamilton went 3-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored last night and is batting .285/.318/.424 with 29 extra-base hits (including five home runs) and 37 stolen bases over 88 games this season. He’s been a .300 hitter since mid-April and has played excellent defense in center field. The 23-year-old speedster has quickly become one of exciting players in the game.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 80
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)