Jul 13, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Via Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com …
The Nationals don’t believe Jordan Zimmermann will need to spend any time on the disabled list after an MRI of his right arm taken Saturday revealed only a biceps strain, no structural damage.
“I didn’t think it was bad, anything serious,” the right-hander told reporters Saturday night. “The MRI came back and looked pretty good. A little inflammation. Give it rest for a few days and go home and come back and start throwing on Thursday again.”
Zimmermann left his start Friday evening against the Phillies with was originally called a biceps cramp. He’ll return to his home in Auburndale, Wisconsin rather than attend the 2014 All-Star Game in Minneapolis, with Marlins starter Henderson Alvarez filling the vacancy on the National League pitching staff.
Zimmermann finished the first half with a 3.03 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, and 101/20 K/BB ratio in 113 innings.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 73
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)