Jul 13, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Via Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com …
The Nationals don’t believe Jordan Zimmermann will need to spend any time on the disabled list after an MRI of his right arm taken Saturday revealed only a biceps strain, no structural damage.
“I didn’t think it was bad, anything serious,” the right-hander told reporters Saturday night. “The MRI came back and looked pretty good. A little inflammation. Give it rest for a few days and go home and come back and start throwing on Thursday again.”
Zimmermann left his start Friday evening against the Phillies with was originally called a biceps cramp. He’ll return to his home in Auburndale, Wisconsin rather than attend the 2014 All-Star Game in Minneapolis, with Marlins starter Henderson Alvarez filling the vacancy on the National League pitching staff.
Zimmermann finished the first half with a 3.03 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, and 101/20 K/BB ratio in 113 innings.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)