Jul 13, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Veteran pitcher Randy Wolf opted out of his minor league contract with the Orioles, MASN’s Roch Kubatko reports.
Wolf signed a minor league deal with the Orioles on June 22. The lefty made one start and five relief appearances for the Tides. Over 15 innings, he posted a 4.20 ERA with a 12/5 K/BB ratio.
Earlier in the season, Wolf made his first appearance in the major leagues since 2012, making four starts and two relief appearances for the Marlins between May 14 and June 14. The 37-year-old compiled a 5.26 ERA with a 19/6 K/BB ratio in 25 2/3 innings.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 2
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 18
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 15
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 144
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)