Jul 13, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Veteran pitcher Randy Wolf opted out of his minor league contract with the Orioles, MASN’s Roch Kubatko reports.
Wolf signed a minor league deal with the Orioles on June 22. The lefty made one start and five relief appearances for the Tides. Over 15 innings, he posted a 4.20 ERA with a 12/5 K/BB ratio.
Earlier in the season, Wolf made his first appearance in the major leagues since 2012, making four starts and two relief appearances for the Marlins between May 14 and June 14. The 37-year-old compiled a 5.26 ERA with a 19/6 K/BB ratio in 25 2/3 innings.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)