Jul 13, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Veteran pitcher Randy Wolf opted out of his minor league contract with the Orioles, MASN’s Roch Kubatko reports.
Wolf signed a minor league deal with the Orioles on June 22. The lefty made one start and five relief appearances for the Tides. Over 15 innings, he posted a 4.20 ERA with a 12/5 K/BB ratio.
Earlier in the season, Wolf made his first appearance in the major leagues since 2012, making four starts and two relief appearances for the Marlins between May 14 and June 14. The 37-year-old compiled a 5.26 ERA with a 19/6 K/BB ratio in 25 2/3 innings.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)