Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night:
You know it’s a helluva lineup when Giancarlo Stanton is batting fifth and you know it’s a helluva outfield alignment defensively when Carlos Gomez is playing left field.
Derek Jeter is leading off for the American League despite being the worst hitter in either lineup based on this season’s numbers, although that’s perhaps not surprising given the send-off he’s likely to receive throughout the game. Mike Trout is playing left field while Adam Jones mans center field, and the guy with the most homers in the AL lineup, Nelson Cruz, is batting sixth as the designated hitter.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)