Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night:
You know it’s a helluva lineup when Giancarlo Stanton is batting fifth and you know it’s a helluva outfield alignment defensively when Carlos Gomez is playing left field.
Derek Jeter is leading off for the American League despite being the worst hitter in either lineup based on this season’s numbers, although that’s perhaps not surprising given the send-off he’s likely to receive throughout the game. Mike Trout is playing left field while Adam Jones mans center field, and the guy with the most homers in the AL lineup, Nelson Cruz, is batting sixth as the designated hitter.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)