Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night:
You know it’s a helluva lineup when Giancarlo Stanton is batting fifth and you know it’s a helluva outfield alignment defensively when Carlos Gomez is playing left field.
Derek Jeter is leading off for the American League despite being the worst hitter in either lineup based on this season’s numbers, although that’s perhaps not surprising given the send-off he’s likely to receive throughout the game. Mike Trout is playing left field while Adam Jones mans center field, and the guy with the most homers in the AL lineup, Nelson Cruz, is batting sixth as the designated hitter.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)