Jul 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Colon has mediocre overall numbers thanks to a poor first six weeks, but since mid-May he’s started 10 games with a 2.74 ERA and 51/12 K/BB ratio in 72 innings. He’s owed about $4 million for the remainder of this season and another $11 million next season, which could be a potential stumbling block for suitors.
Rubin says the Mets’ wish list in trade talks includes a shortstop and a power-hitting corner outfielder, although it’s tough to imagine them getting an impact player in exchange for the 41-year-old Colon.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 13
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)