Jul 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Colon has mediocre overall numbers thanks to a poor first six weeks, but since mid-May he’s started 10 games with a 2.74 ERA and 51/12 K/BB ratio in 72 innings. He’s owed about $4 million for the remainder of this season and another $11 million next season, which could be a potential stumbling block for suitors.
Rubin says the Mets’ wish list in trade talks includes a shortstop and a power-hitting corner outfielder, although it’s tough to imagine them getting an impact player in exchange for the 41-year-old Colon.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)