Jul 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Colon has mediocre overall numbers thanks to a poor first six weeks, but since mid-May he’s started 10 games with a 2.74 ERA and 51/12 K/BB ratio in 72 innings. He’s owed about $4 million for the remainder of this season and another $11 million next season, which could be a potential stumbling block for suitors.
Rubin says the Mets’ wish list in trade talks includes a shortstop and a power-hitting corner outfielder, although it’s tough to imagine them getting an impact player in exchange for the 41-year-old Colon.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)