Jul 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Burnett, who like Papelbon can block some deals with a limited no-trade clause, told Todd Zolecki of MLB.com:
I signed here to play here. I’m not a guy who looks for an out or wants to get out because things aren’t going the right way. If that happens, then it happens, but I’m not looking to move on. This is my team. I understand how things work, but I’m trying not to worry about it. I just try to go about my business and enjoy my teammates.
Burnett hasn’t been able to duplicate the success he had for the Pirates in 2012 and 2013, but he’s been solid for the Phillies with a 3.83 ERA and 108/57 K/BB ratio in 132 innings and has pitched better of late. Having a $7.5 million player option (or $15 million team option) for 2015 could complicate things a bit, but there are certainly plenty of contenders for whom Burnett would be a sizable rotation upgrade.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)