Jul 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
During his pregame press conference American League manager John Farrell revealed the plan for Derek Jeter tonight, saying he expects to give the retiring Yankees shortstop two at-bats before removing him from the game in the top of the fourth inning.
As for a sendoff, Farrell said he plans to send reserve Alexei Ramirez of the White Sox out to take Jeter’s spot at shortstop.
National League starting catcher Jonathan Lucroy of the Brewers has also said he plans to step away from the plate and encourage the fans at Target Field to give Jeter a lengthy salute prior to his at-bat leading off the first inning.
So count on at least two standing ovations for Jeter in his final All-Star Game.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)