Jul 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
During his pregame press conference American League manager John Farrell revealed the plan for Derek Jeter tonight, saying he expects to give the retiring Yankees shortstop two at-bats before removing him from the game in the top of the fourth inning.
As for a sendoff, Farrell said he plans to send reserve Alexei Ramirez of the White Sox out to take Jeter’s spot at shortstop.
National League starting catcher Jonathan Lucroy of the Brewers has also said he plans to step away from the plate and encourage the fans at Target Field to give Jeter a lengthy salute prior to his at-bat leading off the first inning.
So count on at least two standing ovations for Jeter in his final All-Star Game.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)