Jul 16, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Tigers outfielder Andy Dirks had back surgery at the beginning of spring training and has yet to appear in a major league game this season. He’s not getting any closer either. From Jason Beck of MLB.com …
The Tigers announced Wednesday that they’ve recalled Dirks from his rehab assignment with Class A Lakeland, and will keep him on the disabled list. The move came from what the Tigers are calling lower back muscular inflammation from increased activity.
Dirks was 5-for-16 with with a double, an RBI, and four runs scored through six games with the Lakeland Flying Tigers. He can now probably be ruled out until at least mid-August.
The 28-year-old owns a decent .276/.332/.413 career batting line in 297 major league games.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 2
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 14
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 79
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8