Jul 16, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Tigers outfielder Andy Dirks had back surgery at the beginning of spring training and has yet to appear in a major league game this season. He’s not getting any closer either. From Jason Beck of MLB.com …
The Tigers announced Wednesday that they’ve recalled Dirks from his rehab assignment with Class A Lakeland, and will keep him on the disabled list. The move came from what the Tigers are calling lower back muscular inflammation from increased activity.
Dirks was 5-for-16 with with a double, an RBI, and four runs scored through six games with the Lakeland Flying Tigers. He can now probably be ruled out until at least mid-August.
The 28-year-old owns a decent .276/.332/.413 career batting line in 297 major league games.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)