Jul 16, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the LA Times wrote Wednesday morning that the Angels “long have known they do not have the elite prospects necessary to acquire” ace left-hander David Price from the Rays. And that weak farm system could also mean that another known Angels target will slip through the cracks.
Rosenthal says the Halos remain interested in acquiring San Diego closer Huston Street, who would require less of a haul. Kennedy boasts a 3.47 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, and 133/34 K/BB ratio in 124 1/3 innings (20 starts) this season and is making just $6.1 million with another year of arbitration eligibility in 2015. Kennedy’s 3.17 xFIP ranks better than guys like Max Scherzer, Jeff Samardzija, and Adam Wainwright.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)