Jul 16, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Bill Shaikin of the LA Times wrote Wednesday morning that the Angels “long have known they do not have the elite prospects necessary to acquire” ace left-hander David Price from the Rays. And that weak farm system could also mean that another known Angels target will slip through the cracks.
Rosenthal says the Halos remain interested in acquiring San Diego closer Huston Street, who would require less of a haul. Kennedy boasts a 3.47 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, and 133/34 K/BB ratio in 124 1/3 innings (20 starts) this season and is making just $6.1 million with another year of arbitration eligibility in 2015. Kennedy’s 3.17 xFIP ranks better than guys like Max Scherzer, Jeff Samardzija, and Adam Wainwright.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 107
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (107)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)