Jul 16, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
If the Rays do decide to trade David Price before the July 31 deadline don’t count on the Angels being his new home, at least according to general manager Jerry Dipoto.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times writes that the Angels “long have known they do not have the elite prospects necessary to acquire Price” and Dipoto says he’s “not looking to move pieces from our major league club.”
Dipoto isn’t hiding the fact that he wants to acquire pitching help–perhaps for the rotation and the bullpen–but it sounds like Price is above his price range.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8