Jul 16, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Bonifacio has been out since mid-June with a strained oblique muscle, but now seems on track to come off the disabled list at some point next week.
Before the injury he hit .261 with one homer, 13 steals, and a .648 OPS in 61 games, which is fairly typical production for the punchless switch-hitter. However, his speed and defensive versatility could interest contenders looking for some inexpensive bench help down the stretch.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29