Jul 16, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Bonifacio has been out since mid-June with a strained oblique muscle, but now seems on track to come off the disabled list at some point next week.
Before the injury he hit .261 with one homer, 13 steals, and a .648 OPS in 61 games, which is fairly typical production for the punchless switch-hitter. However, his speed and defensive versatility could interest contenders looking for some inexpensive bench help down the stretch.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 48
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)