Wanna buy a suite at Yankee Stadium for Derek Jeter’s final home game? That’ll be $244,000, please

Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT

Stub Hub Jeter

Dana Wessel of K-TWIN radio in Minnesota just stumbled across a listing on Stub Hub selling a Yankee Stadium luxury suite for Derek Jeter‘s final scheduled home game on September 25 against the Orioles.

And the asking price? Oh, just $244,202.

I initially assumed “OK, well that’s just a joke listing” but then I noticed that other suites for the same game are going for $97,737 and $61,079, plus a whole bunch of others for more than $30,000.

So it’s certainly possible this is an actual asking price for an actual suite at Yankee Stadium someone expects to sell for $244,200. That better come with free beer and some pretty amazing snacks. Like hot dogs and nachos, even.

1. asimonetti88 - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:14 AM

That’s a lot of helmet nachos

• SocraticGadfly - Jul 16, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Put a plastic lining in a pair of those $100 Jeter junk supporters, and you’ve got a whole new version of helmet nachos, so to speak.

2. southpaw2k - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:15 AM

At least Stub Hub isn’t adding in any extra fees to the cost of that luxury suite.

3. jrs45 - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM

That’s less then I expected. I’m sure the Jay Z’s the Rudy’s etc. will be hitting the suites up.

4. jackrabbit56 - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Someone will buy it, all pennant races already decided, and the game will get rained out with no make up date needed….

• proudlycanadian - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Any refunds if Jeter is injured and can’t play?

• SocraticGadfly - Jul 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Any refunds if Jeter simply can’t play? Oops, was that out loud?

5. pete2112 - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I’m sure some corporate CEO will snag a couple suites and not even show up to watch the game. This is what’s wrong with the new stadium in a nut shell, and they wonder why there are so many empty seats.

6. [citation needed] fka COPO - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:43 AM

And a suitcase with $200,000 in it…

7. indaburg - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:44 AM

For that price, it better come with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a fenced yard, and a small pool.

• historiophiliac - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Or, at least a gift basket and maybe a centaur bobblehead.

• deathmonkey41 - Jul 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I’m thinking maybe even 2 gift baskets…

• historiophiliac - Jul 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM

deathmonkeys be greedy.

8. highpowered350 - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM

life in the cheap suites

9. mungman69 - Jul 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM

And free liqueur for a decade.

10. Eutaw's Finest - Jul 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM

For that price you could have gone to 2,131 of Cal Ripken’s game sitting behind home plate.

11. hojo20 - Jul 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Did Giardi write out the lineup card for that game yet? Not worth the risk in the first place, as he might not even play if injured.

12. jdubs316 - Jul 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Just to clarify, I’m pretty sure that’s PER SEAT, not the the whole suite.

• pbconnection782 - Jul 16, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Yep. That cost is per seat and it’s not even a “suite” – it’s just a general seating section of the stadium that the Yankees have deemed the “Delta Suite.” Comes with water and popcorn only – all other concessions must be purchased. How much damn popcorn do you have to eat to get your $490K worth? I’m thinking A LOT…like a Mr. Creosote-level amount.

• mikhelb - Jul 16, 2014 at 5:36 PM

The times I went to the delta they had free bouffets. Though not as nice as the all-inclusive section.

13. Liam - Jul 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I have two tickets for the third to last row in the upper deck in right field. Let’s start the bidding at $10,000 for the pair.

14. monsor - Jul 16, 2014 at 2:21 PM

That’s the Sloppy Seconds suite. You get to spend the game with all of Jeter’s exes.

I’d pay it.

• historiophiliac - Jul 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Dude, why do you have to be gross? The female baseball fans who come here don’t want to read that sh!t. We don’t care what some loser like you has to say about that.

15. rcali - Jul 16, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I’ll take Jeter’s Sloppy Seconds, a 10 is a 10. Plus, maybe she doesn’t want some of that stuff in the gift basket that I could grab. I wonder if he puts what number she was on the ball? All fair questions.

• historiophiliac - Jul 16, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Oh, haha, you think you’ll be funny by doubling down after the last guy. Well, you may be more of a jerk then, but still not funny.

• mikhelb - Jul 16, 2014 at 5:40 PM

It was actually very funny… maybe because I don’t categorize people as “jerks” unless they say something I like. OUCH now I will be categorized as a jerk and on top of that a misoginist, that’s how it works, right?

• historiophiliac - Jul 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Well, if you think sexism is hilarious, yes, that does make you a jerk. It’s easy for you because you don’t have to read a bunch of crap belittling your sex on here every day. I don’t get that. I have to see this BS in order to be here. That’s crap. BTW, I would call someone out for making racist comments about Mexicans on here too. It’s called mutual respect.

16. jrbdmb - Jul 17, 2014 at 5:22 AM

At $488K for the pair of tickets you could probably get a private dinner with Jeter at his palace in Florida (with ARod as the waiter).

• jrbdmb - Jul 17, 2014 at 5:26 AM

BTW you can get bleacher seats for this game for around $220 each. Perhaps watching his next-to-last game for around $28 makes more sense.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3107)