Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Dana Wessel of K-TWIN radio in Minnesota just stumbled across a listing on Stub Hub selling a Yankee Stadium luxury suite for Derek Jeter‘s final scheduled home game on September 25 against the Orioles.
And the asking price? Oh, just $244,202.
I initially assumed “OK, well that’s just a joke listing” but then I noticed that other suites for the same game are going for $97,737 and $61,079, plus a whole bunch of others for more than $30,000.
So it’s certainly possible this is an actual asking price for an actual suite at Yankee Stadium someone expects to sell for $244,200. That better come with free beer and some pretty amazing snacks. Like hot dogs and nachos, even.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)