Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Dana Wessel of K-TWIN radio in Minnesota just stumbled across a listing on Stub Hub selling a Yankee Stadium luxury suite for Derek Jeter‘s final scheduled home game on September 25 against the Orioles.
And the asking price? Oh, just $244,202.
I initially assumed “OK, well that’s just a joke listing” but then I noticed that other suites for the same game are going for $97,737 and $61,079, plus a whole bunch of others for more than $30,000.
So it’s certainly possible this is an actual asking price for an actual suite at Yankee Stadium someone expects to sell for $244,200. That better come with free beer and some pretty amazing snacks. Like hot dogs and nachos, even.
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 28
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 17
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 15
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)