Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Dana Wessel of K-TWIN radio in Minnesota just stumbled across a listing on Stub Hub selling a Yankee Stadium luxury suite for Derek Jeter‘s final scheduled home game on September 25 against the Orioles.
And the asking price? Oh, just $244,202.
I initially assumed “OK, well that’s just a joke listing” but then I noticed that other suites for the same game are going for $97,737 and $61,079, plus a whole bunch of others for more than $30,000.
So it’s certainly possible this is an actual asking price for an actual suite at Yankee Stadium someone expects to sell for $244,200. That better come with free beer and some pretty amazing snacks. Like hot dogs and nachos, even.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)