Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
Dana Wessel of K-TWIN radio in Minnesota just stumbled across a listing on Stub Hub selling a Yankee Stadium luxury suite for Derek Jeter‘s final scheduled home game on September 25 against the Orioles.
And the asking price? Oh, just $244,202.
I initially assumed “OK, well that’s just a joke listing” but then I noticed that other suites for the same game are going for $97,737 and $61,079, plus a whole bunch of others for more than $30,000.
So it’s certainly possible this is an actual asking price for an actual suite at Yankee Stadium someone expects to sell for $244,200. That better come with free beer and some pretty amazing snacks. Like hot dogs and nachos, even.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 48
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 40
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)