Jul 17, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Journeyman infielder Irving Falu began this season with the Brewers, got claimed off waivers by the Padres on June 26, and has now been claimed back off waivers by the Brewers today.
In between being passed back and forth he appeared in 22 games and logged 35 plate appearances, and the whole thing kind of seems like a lot of hassle over a 31-year-old with all of 47 career games in the majors.
Falu has hit .284 with a solid .343 on-base percentage in parts of seven seasons at Triple-A, including good numbers there this season, and he can play basically any position. Plus, let’s be honest: “Irving Falu” is just a cool name for a baseball player.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)