Jul 17, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Journeyman infielder Irving Falu began this season with the Brewers, got claimed off waivers by the Padres on June 26, and has now been claimed back off waivers by the Brewers today.
In between being passed back and forth he appeared in 22 games and logged 35 plate appearances, and the whole thing kind of seems like a lot of hassle over a 31-year-old with all of 47 career games in the majors.
Falu has hit .284 with a solid .343 on-base percentage in parts of seven seasons at Triple-A, including good numbers there this season, and he can play basically any position. Plus, let’s be honest: “Irving Falu” is just a cool name for a baseball player.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)