Jul 17, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
Journeyman infielder Irving Falu began this season with the Brewers, got claimed off waivers by the Padres on June 26, and has now been claimed back off waivers by the Brewers today.
In between being passed back and forth he appeared in 22 games and logged 35 plate appearances, and the whole thing kind of seems like a lot of hassle over a 31-year-old with all of 47 career games in the majors.
Falu has hit .284 with a solid .343 on-base percentage in parts of seven seasons at Triple-A, including good numbers there this season, and he can play basically any position. Plus, let’s be honest: “Irving Falu” is just a cool name for a baseball player.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40