Jul 17, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
Journeyman infielder Irving Falu began this season with the Brewers, got claimed off waivers by the Padres on June 26, and has now been claimed back off waivers by the Brewers today.
In between being passed back and forth he appeared in 22 games and logged 35 plate appearances, and the whole thing kind of seems like a lot of hassle over a 31-year-old with all of 47 career games in the majors.
Falu has hit .284 with a solid .343 on-base percentage in parts of seven seasons at Triple-A, including good numbers there this season, and he can play basically any position. Plus, let’s be honest: “Irving Falu” is just a cool name for a baseball player.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)