Jul 17, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Journeyman infielder Irving Falu began this season with the Brewers, got claimed off waivers by the Padres on June 26, and has now been claimed back off waivers by the Brewers today.
In between being passed back and forth he appeared in 22 games and logged 35 plate appearances, and the whole thing kind of seems like a lot of hassle over a 31-year-old with all of 47 career games in the majors.
Falu has hit .284 with a solid .343 on-base percentage in parts of seven seasons at Triple-A, including good numbers there this season, and he can play basically any position. Plus, let’s be honest: “Irving Falu” is just a cool name for a baseball player.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)