Jul 17, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Luke Scott has always been a man with strong opinions which he is not afraid to offer at a moment’s notice. And the consequences of such opinions are not always something one gets the impression Scott considers too strongly. Now it seems that this quality has cost him what is likely his last job as a professional baseball player.
Scott has been released by his Korean team, SK Wyverns, for being “disrespectful” towards a coach. The Korea Times reports that Scott called the coach a “coward” and a “liar” following a dispute regarding Scott being placed on the disabled list. Scott has his own way of rehabbing from an injury, it seems, and the team had another. You’d think by now Scott would know that, no matter how right he thinks he is about that, insulting the boss is probably not the best way to deal with it.
Scott hit .241/.326/.415 with nine home runs and 40 RBI in 91 games the Rays last year. He’s 36 now and is a .258/.340/.481 career hitter who can only play a corner or DH. As a result, I feel like we have probably seen the last of Luke Scott as an active player.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 0
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 84
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)