Jul 17, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
Luke Scott has always been a man with strong opinions which he is not afraid to offer at a moment’s notice. And the consequences of such opinions are not always something one gets the impression Scott considers too strongly. Now it seems that this quality has cost him what is likely his last job as a professional baseball player.
Scott has been released by his Korean team, SK Wyverns, for being “disrespectful” towards a coach. The Korea Times reports that Scott called the coach a “coward” and a “liar” following a dispute regarding Scott being placed on the disabled list. Scott has his own way of rehabbing from an injury, it seems, and the team had another. You’d think by now Scott would know that, no matter how right he thinks he is about that, insulting the boss is probably not the best way to deal with it.
Scott hit .241/.326/.415 with nine home runs and 40 RBI in 91 games the Rays last year. He’s 36 now and is a .258/.340/.481 career hitter who can only play a corner or DH. As a result, I feel like we have probably seen the last of Luke Scott as an active player.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)