Jul 17, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Ryan Adams had a brief stint with the Orioles a couple years back but has mostly been a minor leaguer. He’s a free agent at the moment, but now he’s getting suspended:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League second baseman Ryan Adams has received a 100-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.The suspension of Adams will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
This is his second amphetamines suspension, by the way, as he was dinged back in 2011.
Two suspensions. I know to be young is to be sad is to be high, but someone had better tell him easy, tiger.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 65
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)