Jul 17, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Ryan Adams had a brief stint with the Orioles a couple years back but has mostly been a minor leaguer. He’s a free agent at the moment, but now he’s getting suspended:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League second baseman Ryan Adams has received a 100-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.The suspension of Adams will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
This is his second amphetamines suspension, by the way, as he was dinged back in 2011.
Two suspensions. I know to be young is to be sad is to be high, but someone had better tell him easy, tiger.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)