Jul 17, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Ryan Adams had a brief stint with the Orioles a couple years back but has mostly been a minor leaguer. He’s a free agent at the moment, but now he’s getting suspended:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League second baseman Ryan Adams has received a 100-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.The suspension of Adams will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
This is his second amphetamines suspension, by the way, as he was dinged back in 2011.
Two suspensions. I know to be young is to be sad is to be high, but someone had better tell him easy, tiger.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 14
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 33
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)