Jul 17, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Ryan Adams had a brief stint with the Orioles a couple years back but has mostly been a minor leaguer. He’s a free agent at the moment, but now he’s getting suspended:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League second baseman Ryan Adams has received a 100-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.The suspension of Adams will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
This is his second amphetamines suspension, by the way, as he was dinged back in 2011.
Two suspensions. I know to be young is to be sad is to be high, but someone had better tell him easy, tiger.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69