Jul 17, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Ryan Adams had a brief stint with the Orioles a couple years back but has mostly been a minor leaguer. He’s a free agent at the moment, but now he’s getting suspended:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League second baseman Ryan Adams has received a 100-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.The suspension of Adams will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
This is his second amphetamines suspension, by the way, as he was dinged back in 2011.
Two suspensions. I know to be young is to be sad is to be high, but someone had better tell him easy, tiger.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)