Jul 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
There is so much awful, brain-dead sports radio out there that when good sports radio comes along we should embrace it with both arms and hug it so it never goes away. There will be some good sports radio tonight at 6pm on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM (XM channel 89, Sirius channel 209).
It’ll be a two-hour special examining the epidemic of Tommy John surgeries in baseball called “The Year of the Elbow.” Host Mike Ferrin — who is one of the best in the business — will interview with leading doctors, coaches and others in the course of an in-depth look at UCL injuries and discuss what steps can be taken to prevent them. Guests include Dr. James Andrews, Dodgers’ Stan Conte, who is widely seen as the best trainer in the business, legendary pitching coaches Leo Mazzone and Dave Duncan, Marlins manager Mike Redmond, former big league pitching coach Rick Peterson and many others.
If you have Sirius/XM you should definitely check it out.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 186
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (190)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)