Jul 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
There is so much awful, brain-dead sports radio out there that when good sports radio comes along we should embrace it with both arms and hug it so it never goes away. There will be some good sports radio tonight at 6pm on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM (XM channel 89, Sirius channel 209).
It’ll be a two-hour special examining the epidemic of Tommy John surgeries in baseball called “The Year of the Elbow.” Host Mike Ferrin — who is one of the best in the business — will interview with leading doctors, coaches and others in the course of an in-depth look at UCL injuries and discuss what steps can be taken to prevent them. Guests include Dr. James Andrews, Dodgers’ Stan Conte, who is widely seen as the best trainer in the business, legendary pitching coaches Leo Mazzone and Dave Duncan, Marlins manager Mike Redmond, former big league pitching coach Rick Peterson and many others.
If you have Sirius/XM you should definitely check it out.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 87
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 35
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 363
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (365)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (98)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (82)