Jul 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
There is so much awful, brain-dead sports radio out there that when good sports radio comes along we should embrace it with both arms and hug it so it never goes away. There will be some good sports radio tonight at 6pm on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM (XM channel 89, Sirius channel 209).
It’ll be a two-hour special examining the epidemic of Tommy John surgeries in baseball called “The Year of the Elbow.” Host Mike Ferrin — who is one of the best in the business — will interview with leading doctors, coaches and others in the course of an in-depth look at UCL injuries and discuss what steps can be taken to prevent them. Guests include Dr. James Andrews, Dodgers’ Stan Conte, who is widely seen as the best trainer in the business, legendary pitching coaches Leo Mazzone and Dave Duncan, Marlins manager Mike Redmond, former big league pitching coach Rick Peterson and many others.
If you have Sirius/XM you should definitely check it out.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 18
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)