Jul 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
There is so much awful, brain-dead sports radio out there that when good sports radio comes along we should embrace it with both arms and hug it so it never goes away. There will be some good sports radio tonight at 6pm on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM (XM channel 89, Sirius channel 209).
It’ll be a two-hour special examining the epidemic of Tommy John surgeries in baseball called “The Year of the Elbow.” Host Mike Ferrin — who is one of the best in the business — will interview with leading doctors, coaches and others in the course of an in-depth look at UCL injuries and discuss what steps can be taken to prevent them. Guests include Dr. James Andrews, Dodgers’ Stan Conte, who is widely seen as the best trainer in the business, legendary pitching coaches Leo Mazzone and Dave Duncan, Marlins manager Mike Redmond, former big league pitching coach Rick Peterson and many others.
If you have Sirius/XM you should definitely check it out.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)