Jul 17, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
This is the third organization for Hill in the space of three weeks. The Red Sox traded him to the Angels for cash considerations at the beginning of July, but he faced just four batters over two games before he was designated for assignment and later released.
Hill, now 34, has a 3.23 ERA and 45/17 K/BB ratio in 39 innings at the Triple-A level this year. However, given his control problems in the majors over the past couple of seasons, he’s no sure thing to get a chance with the big club in New York.
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 2
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 11
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 71
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 24
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)