Jul 17, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
This is the third organization for Hill in the space of three weeks. The Red Sox traded him to the Angels for cash considerations at the beginning of July, but he faced just four batters over two games before he was designated for assignment and later released.
Hill, now 34, has a 3.23 ERA and 45/17 K/BB ratio in 39 innings at the Triple-A level this year. However, given his control problems in the majors over the past couple of seasons, he’s no sure thing to get a chance with the big club in New York.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (115)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)