Jul 17, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
This is the third organization for Hill in the space of three weeks. The Red Sox traded him to the Angels for cash considerations at the beginning of July, but he faced just four batters over two games before he was designated for assignment and later released.
Hill, now 34, has a 3.23 ERA and 45/17 K/BB ratio in 39 innings at the Triple-A level this year. However, given his control problems in the majors over the past couple of seasons, he’s no sure thing to get a chance with the big club in New York.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)