Jul 17, 2014, 8:18 PM EST
This is the third organization for Hill in the space of three weeks. The Red Sox traded him to the Angels for cash considerations at the beginning of July, but he faced just four batters over two games before he was designated for assignment and later released.
Hill, now 34, has a 3.23 ERA and 45/17 K/BB ratio in 39 innings at the Triple-A level this year. However, given his control problems in the majors over the past couple of seasons, he’s no sure thing to get a chance with the big club in New York.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 50
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)