Jul 17, 2014, 8:18 PM EST
This is the third organization for Hill in the space of three weeks. The Red Sox traded him to the Angels for cash considerations at the beginning of July, but he faced just four batters over two games before he was designated for assignment and later released.
Hill, now 34, has a 3.23 ERA and 45/17 K/BB ratio in 39 innings at the Triple-A level this year. However, given his control problems in the majors over the past couple of seasons, he’s no sure thing to get a chance with the big club in New York.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)