Jul 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The Giants team charter was en route from San Francisco to Miami last night when it had to be diverted to Las Vegas because pitching coach Dave Righetti was struck by a bout of vertigo. Andrew Baggarly reports:
Righetti is in good condition, was joined in Las Vegas by his wife and will stay there until he is cleared to fly, Giants spokesperson Matt Chisholm said.
The team does not expect Righetti to travel to Miami for the team’s three-game weekend series, which begins Friday night. It was unclear whether Righetti could join the Giants Monday in Philadelphia.
Crazy to realize that Righetti has been a pitching coach for 15 years. His entire big league career as a player was 16 years. The Giants are big on job security.
Anyway, here’s hoping Righetti feels better soon.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 8
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 11
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (97)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)