Jul 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
The Giants team charter was en route from San Francisco to Miami last night when it had to be diverted to Las Vegas because pitching coach Dave Righetti was struck by a bout of vertigo. Andrew Baggarly reports:
Righetti is in good condition, was joined in Las Vegas by his wife and will stay there until he is cleared to fly, Giants spokesperson Matt Chisholm said.
The team does not expect Righetti to travel to Miami for the team’s three-game weekend series, which begins Friday night. It was unclear whether Righetti could join the Giants Monday in Philadelphia.
Crazy to realize that Righetti has been a pitching coach for 15 years. His entire big league career as a player was 16 years. The Giants are big on job security.
Anyway, here’s hoping Righetti feels better soon.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)