Jul 18, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
Paul Sullivan of Sully Baseball has done what Major League Baseball and Fox did not do: he created an “In Memoriam” reel for all of the baseball figures who passed away between the 2013 and 2014 All-Star Games. It’s very well done:
I did not check to see if anyone was missed, but if so, I don’t think it detracts too much. Even the Oscars one misses people from time to time. But hell, this one has deep cuts like Gates Brown on it, so I’m guessing it’s pretty complete.
I’m also guessing that Fox and/or MLB will start doing this either at the World Series or the All-Star Game next year in light of all of the criticism they have received this week. Which, OK, cool. As long as it’s simple, short and straight-forward like this and isn’t just another vehicle for a Joe Buck voiceover and a sponsorship mention or a too-conspicuous-by-half shoutout to MLB’s philanthropic efforts.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)