Jul 18, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
Rockies owner Dick Monfort has had a good couple weeks of speaking his mind. He told one fan that he shouldn’t come to Rockies games if he didn’t like the product. He said that maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a team. Now, in response to a question about who was responsible for the Rockies’ poor season, Monfort named a name:
So, Monfort was asked, who is responsible for the Rockies’ 40-55 record this season, good for second-to-last place in the National League?
“You would have to say it’s Bill Geivett (Rockies assistant GM),” Monfort said. “He’s responsible for the major-league team.
Maybe that’s true — we have no idea whose ideas hold the most sway in Colorado — but I can’t remember when an owner or team president ever publicly held an exec responsible like this. I mean, other than when they’re actually fired, with said firing meaning to speak for itself.
Gotta feel good to be Geivett walking in to the office today, eh?
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 2
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 38
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)