Jul 18, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
Rockies owner Dick Monfort has had a good couple weeks of speaking his mind. He told one fan that he shouldn’t come to Rockies games if he didn’t like the product. He said that maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a team. Now, in response to a question about who was responsible for the Rockies’ poor season, Monfort named a name:
So, Monfort was asked, who is responsible for the Rockies’ 40-55 record this season, good for second-to-last place in the National League?
“You would have to say it’s Bill Geivett (Rockies assistant GM),” Monfort said. “He’s responsible for the major-league team.
Maybe that’s true — we have no idea whose ideas hold the most sway in Colorado — but I can’t remember when an owner or team president ever publicly held an exec responsible like this. I mean, other than when they’re actually fired, with said firing meaning to speak for itself.
Gotta feel good to be Geivett walking in to the office today, eh?
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 8
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 6
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (82)