Jul 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Angels have made room for closer Huston Street on the roster by demoting DH C.J. Cron to Triple-A Salt Lake, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports. Cron may not be down there for long, however. As DiGiovanna notes, the Angels played a 16-inning game last night against the Mariners and could use the extra roster spot for a reliever for now, then call Cron back up shortly.
Street joined the Angels from the Padres along with Trevor Gott yesterday in exchange for prospects Taylor Lindsey, Jose Rondon, R.J. Alvarez, and Elliot Morris.
Cron, 24, has had a decent year for the Angels thus far, at least from a power perspective, posting a .269/.297/.480 slash line with nine home runs and 27 RBI in 182 plate appearances.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)