Jul 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Angels have made room for closer Huston Street on the roster by demoting DH C.J. Cron to Triple-A Salt Lake, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports. Cron may not be down there for long, however. As DiGiovanna notes, the Angels played a 16-inning game last night against the Mariners and could use the extra roster spot for a reliever for now, then call Cron back up shortly.
Street joined the Angels from the Padres along with Trevor Gott yesterday in exchange for prospects Taylor Lindsey, Jose Rondon, R.J. Alvarez, and Elliot Morris.
Cron, 24, has had a decent year for the Angels thus far, at least from a power perspective, posting a .269/.297/.480 slash line with nine home runs and 27 RBI in 182 plate appearances.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)