Jul 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Angels have made room for closer Huston Street on the roster by demoting DH C.J. Cron to Triple-A Salt Lake, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports. Cron may not be down there for long, however. As DiGiovanna notes, the Angels played a 16-inning game last night against the Mariners and could use the extra roster spot for a reliever for now, then call Cron back up shortly.
Street joined the Angels from the Padres along with Trevor Gott yesterday in exchange for prospects Taylor Lindsey, Jose Rondon, R.J. Alvarez, and Elliot Morris.
Cron, 24, has had a decent year for the Angels thus far, at least from a power perspective, posting a .269/.297/.480 slash line with nine home runs and 27 RBI in 182 plate appearances.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)