Jul 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Angels have made room for closer Huston Street on the roster by demoting DH C.J. Cron to Triple-A Salt Lake, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports. Cron may not be down there for long, however. As DiGiovanna notes, the Angels played a 16-inning game last night against the Mariners and could use the extra roster spot for a reliever for now, then call Cron back up shortly.
Street joined the Angels from the Padres along with Trevor Gott yesterday in exchange for prospects Taylor Lindsey, Jose Rondon, R.J. Alvarez, and Elliot Morris.
Cron, 24, has had a decent year for the Angels thus far, at least from a power perspective, posting a .269/.297/.480 slash line with nine home runs and 27 RBI in 182 plate appearances.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)