Jul 20, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Giants first baseman Brandon Belt was struck in the head by a thrown ball during batting practice on Saturday and now Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he is headed to the disabled list. It’s not clear yet whether that will be the 15-day disabled list, or the new 7-day disabled list that is specifically designed for players displaying concussion symptoms. A decision will be made on that end Monday, when the Giants call up Adam Duvall from Triple-A Fresno to help out at first base.
Duvall has hit .303/.361/.626 with 26 home runs and 79 RBI in 78 games this season at the Triple-A level. He made his major league debut in June.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)