Jul 20, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Giants first baseman Brandon Belt was struck in the head by a thrown ball during batting practice on Saturday and now Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he is headed to the disabled list. It’s not clear yet whether that will be the 15-day disabled list, or the new 7-day disabled list that is specifically designed for players displaying concussion symptoms. A decision will be made on that end Monday, when the Giants call up Adam Duvall from Triple-A Fresno to help out at first base.
Duvall has hit .303/.361/.626 with 26 home runs and 79 RBI in 78 games this season at the Triple-A level. He made his major league debut in June.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (100)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)