Jul 20, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Giants first baseman Brandon Belt was struck in the head by a thrown ball during batting practice on Saturday and now Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he is headed to the disabled list. It’s not clear yet whether that will be the 15-day disabled list, or the new 7-day disabled list that is specifically designed for players displaying concussion symptoms. A decision will be made on that end Monday, when the Giants call up Adam Duvall from Triple-A Fresno to help out at first base.
Duvall has hit .303/.361/.626 with 26 home runs and 79 RBI in 78 games this season at the Triple-A level. He made his major league debut in June.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 20
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 36
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)