Jul 20, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Giants first baseman Brandon Belt was struck in the head by a thrown ball during batting practice on Saturday and now Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he is headed to the disabled list. It’s not clear yet whether that will be the 15-day disabled list, or the new 7-day disabled list that is specifically designed for players displaying concussion symptoms. A decision will be made on that end Monday, when the Giants call up Adam Duvall from Triple-A Fresno to help out at first base.
Duvall has hit .303/.361/.626 with 26 home runs and 79 RBI in 78 games this season at the Triple-A level. He made his major league debut in June.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)