Jul 20, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
X-rays were taken on Saturday evening and the results were negative, but Puig has some soreness and a bruise. Andre Ethier is starting in right field, Matt Kemp is in left field, and Scott Van Slyke will get his 15th career start in center field on Sunday.
Puig should return to action on Monday night for the Dodgers’ series-opener at the Pirates’ PNC Park.
He’s batting .308/.396/.519 with 12 home runs, 27 doubles, and 52 RBI in 92 games this season for Los Angeles.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)