Jul 20, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
X-rays were taken on Saturday evening and the results were negative, but Puig has some soreness and a bruise. Andre Ethier is starting in right field, Matt Kemp is in left field, and Scott Van Slyke will get his 15th career start in center field on Sunday.
Puig should return to action on Monday night for the Dodgers’ series-opener at the Pirates’ PNC Park.
He’s batting .308/.396/.519 with 12 home runs, 27 doubles, and 52 RBI in 92 games this season for Los Angeles.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)