Jul 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
Already missing Yasiel Puig last night due to his being hit by a pitch on the left hand, the Dodgers had to finish last night’s win against the Cardinals after Hanley Ramirez was . . . hit on the left hand. And it wasn’t the first time he was hit. Earlier in the game he got plunked in his left shoulder. Tough night at the office.
The good news: a preliminary exam showed no major injuries and he told reporters that he expects to start today’s game in Pittsburgh. Don Mattingly may keep him out of the game for precautionary reasons, but it’s good to know it’s not as bad as it could’ve been.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)