Jul 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Already missing Yasiel Puig last night due to his being hit by a pitch on the left hand, the Dodgers had to finish last night’s win against the Cardinals after Hanley Ramirez was . . . hit on the left hand. And it wasn’t the first time he was hit. Earlier in the game he got plunked in his left shoulder. Tough night at the office.
The good news: a preliminary exam showed no major injuries and he told reporters that he expects to start today’s game in Pittsburgh. Don Mattingly may keep him out of the game for precautionary reasons, but it’s good to know it’s not as bad as it could’ve been.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 12
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)