Jul 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Already missing Yasiel Puig last night due to his being hit by a pitch on the left hand, the Dodgers had to finish last night’s win against the Cardinals after Hanley Ramirez was . . . hit on the left hand. And it wasn’t the first time he was hit. Earlier in the game he got plunked in his left shoulder. Tough night at the office.
The good news: a preliminary exam showed no major injuries and he told reporters that he expects to start today’s game in Pittsburgh. Don Mattingly may keep him out of the game for precautionary reasons, but it’s good to know it’s not as bad as it could’ve been.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)