Jul 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Already missing Yasiel Puig last night due to his being hit by a pitch on the left hand, the Dodgers had to finish last night’s win against the Cardinals after Hanley Ramirez was . . . hit on the left hand. And it wasn’t the first time he was hit. Earlier in the game he got plunked in his left shoulder. Tough night at the office.
The good news: a preliminary exam showed no major injuries and he told reporters that he expects to start today’s game in Pittsburgh. Don Mattingly may keep him out of the game for precautionary reasons, but it’s good to know it’s not as bad as it could’ve been.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 65
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 60
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)