Jul 21, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Dodgers right-hander Josh Beckett is dealing with a left hip impingement, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday with no issues and Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he will be activated from the disabled list to start tomorrow night against the Pirates.
Beckett hasn’t pitched since July 6, so he’s a full 15 days removed from his most recent start. An MRI revealed a small labrum tear and two cysts in his hip, but he has reported improvement since receiving a cortisone injection and will attempt to pitch through the issue for now.
Beckett, 34, owns an excellent 2.26 ERA and 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 innings over 17 starts this season.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 285
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (285)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)