Jul 21, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Dodgers right-hander Josh Beckett is dealing with a left hip impingement, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday with no issues and Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he will be activated from the disabled list to start tomorrow night against the Pirates.
Beckett hasn’t pitched since July 6, so he’s a full 15 days removed from his most recent start. An MRI revealed a small labrum tear and two cysts in his hip, but he has reported improvement since receiving a cortisone injection and will attempt to pitch through the issue for now.
Beckett, 34, owns an excellent 2.26 ERA and 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 innings over 17 starts this season.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)