Jul 21, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Dodgers right-hander Josh Beckett is dealing with a left hip impingement, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday with no issues and Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he will be activated from the disabled list to start tomorrow night against the Pirates.
Beckett hasn’t pitched since July 6, so he’s a full 15 days removed from his most recent start. An MRI revealed a small labrum tear and two cysts in his hip, but he has reported improvement since receiving a cortisone injection and will attempt to pitch through the issue for now.
Beckett, 34, owns an excellent 2.26 ERA and 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 innings over 17 starts this season.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)