Jul 21, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Dodgers right-hander Josh Beckett is dealing with a left hip impingement, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday with no issues and Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he will be activated from the disabled list to start tomorrow night against the Pirates.
Beckett hasn’t pitched since July 6, so he’s a full 15 days removed from his most recent start. An MRI revealed a small labrum tear and two cysts in his hip, but he has reported improvement since receiving a cortisone injection and will attempt to pitch through the issue for now.
Beckett, 34, owns an excellent 2.26 ERA and 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 innings over 17 starts this season.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 6
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 40
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 33
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)