Jul 21, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Last year I did a couple of posts on a couple of extremely cool baseball posters. They’re from the Baseball Diamond Dictionary set, created by a man named Jeremy Reiss. They’re made up of cool, stylized baseball slang with sort of pictographic representations of the terms. First came the hitting edition. Then came the pitching edition. At the time, Jeremy said he’d do a third and final edition — for fielding — but that it may take a while because he moved across country and started a new job.
It was totally worth the wait. The fielding edition is now out. I just received it and it’s fantastic:
Like the other two, the fielding print is 12″ by 12″. They fit pretty well in those album cover frames too. I am going to hang this new one up ASAP, because they are the coolest things ever and I finally have my set. You can order the whole set of three together (for a discount) or any of the three individually (hitting here, pitching here and fielding here).
They are by far the best baseball-related works of art I’ve ever had.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)