Jul 21, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Last year I did a couple of posts on a couple of extremely cool baseball posters. They’re from the Baseball Diamond Dictionary set, created by a man named Jeremy Reiss. They’re made up of cool, stylized baseball slang with sort of pictographic representations of the terms. First came the hitting edition. Then came the pitching edition. At the time, Jeremy said he’d do a third and final edition — for fielding — but that it may take a while because he moved across country and started a new job.
It was totally worth the wait. The fielding edition is now out. I just received it and it’s fantastic:
Like the other two, the fielding print is 12″ by 12″. They fit pretty well in those album cover frames too. I am going to hang this new one up ASAP, because they are the coolest things ever and I finally have my set. You can order the whole set of three together (for a discount) or any of the three individually (hitting here, pitching here and fielding here).
They are by far the best baseball-related works of art I’ve ever had.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 51
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)