Jul 21, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Last year I did a couple of posts on a couple of extremely cool baseball posters. They’re from the Baseball Diamond Dictionary set, created by a man named Jeremy Reiss. They’re made up of cool, stylized baseball slang with sort of pictographic representations of the terms. First came the hitting edition. Then came the pitching edition. At the time, Jeremy said he’d do a third and final edition — for fielding — but that it may take a while because he moved across country and started a new job.
It was totally worth the wait. The fielding edition is now out. I just received it and it’s fantastic:
Like the other two, the fielding print is 12″ by 12″. They fit pretty well in those album cover frames too. I am going to hang this new one up ASAP, because they are the coolest things ever and I finally have my set. You can order the whole set of three together (for a discount) or any of the three individually (hitting here, pitching here and fielding here).
They are by far the best baseball-related works of art I’ve ever had.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 62
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)