Jul 21, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
Last year I did a couple of posts on a couple of extremely cool baseball posters. They’re from the Baseball Diamond Dictionary set, created by a man named Jeremy Reiss. They’re made up of cool, stylized baseball slang with sort of pictographic representations of the terms. First came the hitting edition. Then came the pitching edition. At the time, Jeremy said he’d do a third and final edition — for fielding — but that it may take a while because he moved across country and started a new job.
It was totally worth the wait. The fielding edition is now out. I just received it and it’s fantastic:
Like the other two, the fielding print is 12″ by 12″. They fit pretty well in those album cover frames too. I am going to hang this new one up ASAP, because they are the coolest things ever and I finally have my set. You can order the whole set of three together (for a discount) or any of the three individually (hitting here, pitching here and fielding here).
They are by far the best baseball-related works of art I’ve ever had.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 40
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)