Jul 21, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Last year I did a couple of posts on a couple of extremely cool baseball posters. They’re from the Baseball Diamond Dictionary set, created by a man named Jeremy Reiss. They’re made up of cool, stylized baseball slang with sort of pictographic representations of the terms. First came the hitting edition. Then came the pitching edition. At the time, Jeremy said he’d do a third and final edition — for fielding — but that it may take a while because he moved across country and started a new job.
It was totally worth the wait. The fielding edition is now out. I just received it and it’s fantastic:
Like the other two, the fielding print is 12″ by 12″. They fit pretty well in those album cover frames too. I am going to hang this new one up ASAP, because they are the coolest things ever and I finally have my set. You can order the whole set of three together (for a discount) or any of the three individually (hitting here, pitching here and fielding here).
They are by far the best baseball-related works of art I’ve ever had.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 3
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 180
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)