Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
You have to figure the Rangers are open for business. And, since the Royals’ offense is one of the worst in the game, Rios could help. He’s hitting .302/.330/.435 with four home runs and 16 stolen bases in 96 games this season. He’s making $12.5 million this year, but the year is pushing to the two-thirds point. He also has a club option for 2015, but the Royals can easily decline that.
There aren’t a ton of offensive options out there.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 122
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 5
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (124)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)