Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
You have to figure the Rangers are open for business. And, since the Royals’ offense is one of the worst in the game, Rios could help. He’s hitting .302/.330/.435 with four home runs and 16 stolen bases in 96 games this season. He’s making $12.5 million this year, but the year is pushing to the two-thirds point. He also has a club option for 2015, but the Royals can easily decline that.
There aren’t a ton of offensive options out there.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)