Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
You have to figure the Rangers are open for business. And, since the Royals’ offense is one of the worst in the game, Rios could help. He’s hitting .302/.330/.435 with four home runs and 16 stolen bases in 96 games this season. He’s making $12.5 million this year, but the year is pushing to the two-thirds point. He also has a club option for 2015, but the Royals can easily decline that.
There aren’t a ton of offensive options out there.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)