Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
You have to figure the Rangers are open for business. And, since the Royals’ offense is one of the worst in the game, Rios could help. He’s hitting .302/.330/.435 with four home runs and 16 stolen bases in 96 games this season. He’s making $12.5 million this year, but the year is pushing to the two-thirds point. He also has a club option for 2015, but the Royals can easily decline that.
There aren’t a ton of offensive options out there.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)