Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
There was a thing over the weekend where A.J. Burnett was rumored to be on the Orioles’ radar and the joke some were making was about how having him on the same pitching staff would be terribad, and represent the most 3/4 starter rotation ever, etc.
I don’t know if Burnett will join the O’s but if he does it may not be with Jimenez for a while as he has been scratched from a rehab start that was scheduled for this Wednesday.
The Baltimore Sun reports that Jimenez felt some lingering discomfort in his sprained right ankle Sunday while attempting to throw a bullpen session. “I’m not where I should be to be able to go into a game,” the right-hander told reporters. “I’ll throw another bullpen and go from there. Looks like he’ll be ruled out until August at the earliest.
Which, hey, the O’s signing him was premised almost entirely on his August-September performance last year, so maybe then they’ll get what they’re paying for!
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 27
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)