Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
There was a thing over the weekend where A.J. Burnett was rumored to be on the Orioles’ radar and the joke some were making was about how having him on the same pitching staff would be terribad, and represent the most 3/4 starter rotation ever, etc.
I don’t know if Burnett will join the O’s but if he does it may not be with Jimenez for a while as he has been scratched from a rehab start that was scheduled for this Wednesday.
The Baltimore Sun reports that Jimenez felt some lingering discomfort in his sprained right ankle Sunday while attempting to throw a bullpen session. “I’m not where I should be to be able to go into a game,” the right-hander told reporters. “I’ll throw another bullpen and go from there. Looks like he’ll be ruled out until August at the earliest.
Which, hey, the O’s signing him was premised almost entirely on his August-September performance last year, so maybe then they’ll get what they’re paying for!
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 76
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (189)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)