Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
There was a thing over the weekend where A.J. Burnett was rumored to be on the Orioles’ radar and the joke some were making was about how having him on the same pitching staff would be terribad, and represent the most 3/4 starter rotation ever, etc.
I don’t know if Burnett will join the O’s but if he does it may not be with Jimenez for a while as he has been scratched from a rehab start that was scheduled for this Wednesday.
The Baltimore Sun reports that Jimenez felt some lingering discomfort in his sprained right ankle Sunday while attempting to throw a bullpen session. “I’m not where I should be to be able to go into a game,” the right-hander told reporters. “I’ll throw another bullpen and go from there. Looks like he’ll be ruled out until August at the earliest.
Which, hey, the O’s signing him was premised almost entirely on his August-September performance last year, so maybe then they’ll get what they’re paying for!
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 0
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 23
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)