Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
There was a thing over the weekend where A.J. Burnett was rumored to be on the Orioles’ radar and the joke some were making was about how having him on the same pitching staff would be terribad, and represent the most 3/4 starter rotation ever, etc.
I don’t know if Burnett will join the O’s but if he does it may not be with Jimenez for a while as he has been scratched from a rehab start that was scheduled for this Wednesday.
The Baltimore Sun reports that Jimenez felt some lingering discomfort in his sprained right ankle Sunday while attempting to throw a bullpen session. “I’m not where I should be to be able to go into a game,” the right-hander told reporters. “I’ll throw another bullpen and go from there. Looks like he’ll be ruled out until August at the earliest.
Which, hey, the O’s signing him was premised almost entirely on his August-September performance last year, so maybe then they’ll get what they’re paying for!
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)