Jul 22, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Phillies left-hander Cliff Lee struggled last night in his return from the disabled list, allowing six runs in a loss to the Giants. Afterward he conducted a typical postgame media session with various beat reporters in the Phillies’ clubhouse, during which he very seriously and calmly answered their questions.
And then he ended things with a loud fart.
Oh, and luckily our friends at CSNPhilly.com caught the whole thing on video, including Lee’s “did y’all get that on tape?” They did, Cliff. They did.
John Finger of CSNPhilly.com makes an excellent point regarding the aftermath of Lee’s fart:
if Cliff Lee wants to start a war of flatulence with the Philadelphia sporting press, he’s lost his damn mind.
— John Finger (@jrfingerCSN) July 22, 2014
Baseball writers may not be able to defeat baseball players at a whole lot of things, but farting is one area they can definitely dominate.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)