Jul 22, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Phillies left-hander Cliff Lee struggled last night in his return from the disabled list, allowing six runs in a loss to the Giants. Afterward he conducted a typical postgame media session with various beat reporters in the Phillies’ clubhouse, during which he very seriously and calmly answered their questions.
And then he ended things with a loud fart.
Oh, and luckily our friends at CSNPhilly.com caught the whole thing on video, including Lee’s “did y’all get that on tape?” They did, Cliff. They did.
John Finger of CSNPhilly.com makes an excellent point regarding the aftermath of Lee’s fart:
if Cliff Lee wants to start a war of flatulence with the Philadelphia sporting press, he’s lost his damn mind.
— John Finger (@jrfingerCSN) July 22, 2014
Baseball writers may not be able to defeat baseball players at a whole lot of things, but farting is one area they can definitely dominate.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 7
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 91
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)