Jul 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
At this point the Rangers’ injury situation is absurd.
After missing the first two-plus months of the season following spring training knee surgery catcher Geovany Soto finally came off the disabled list last week, rejoined the Rangers’ lineup … and lasted all of three games before going back on the shelf.
Soto has been placed on the DL with a strained right groin muscle, which he injured Monday while running the bases and scoring a run.
Presumably the Rangers will turn back to Robinson Chirinos again as their primary catcher and perhaps use J.P. Arencibia behind the plate as well after misguidedly thinking he could be a decent first baseman.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)