Jul 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
At this point the Rangers’ injury situation is absurd.
After missing the first two-plus months of the season following spring training knee surgery catcher Geovany Soto finally came off the disabled list last week, rejoined the Rangers’ lineup … and lasted all of three games before going back on the shelf.
Soto has been placed on the DL with a strained right groin muscle, which he injured Monday while running the bases and scoring a run.
Presumably the Rangers will turn back to Robinson Chirinos again as their primary catcher and perhaps use J.P. Arencibia behind the plate as well after misguidedly thinking he could be a decent first baseman.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)