Jul 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
At this point the Rangers’ injury situation is absurd.
After missing the first two-plus months of the season following spring training knee surgery catcher Geovany Soto finally came off the disabled list last week, rejoined the Rangers’ lineup … and lasted all of three games before going back on the shelf.
Soto has been placed on the DL with a strained right groin muscle, which he injured Monday while running the bases and scoring a run.
Presumably the Rangers will turn back to Robinson Chirinos again as their primary catcher and perhaps use J.P. Arencibia behind the plate as well after misguidedly thinking he could be a decent first baseman.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (244)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (147)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)