Jul 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
At this point the Rangers’ injury situation is absurd.
After missing the first two-plus months of the season following spring training knee surgery catcher Geovany Soto finally came off the disabled list last week, rejoined the Rangers’ lineup … and lasted all of three games before going back on the shelf.
Soto has been placed on the DL with a strained right groin muscle, which he injured Monday while running the bases and scoring a run.
Presumably the Rangers will turn back to Robinson Chirinos again as their primary catcher and perhaps use J.P. Arencibia behind the plate as well after misguidedly thinking he could be a decent first baseman.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 3
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 17
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 52
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 67
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 31
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)