Jul 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
At this point the Rangers’ injury situation is absurd.
After missing the first two-plus months of the season following spring training knee surgery catcher Geovany Soto finally came off the disabled list last week, rejoined the Rangers’ lineup … and lasted all of three games before going back on the shelf.
Soto has been placed on the DL with a strained right groin muscle, which he injured Monday while running the bases and scoring a run.
Presumably the Rangers will turn back to Robinson Chirinos again as their primary catcher and perhaps use J.P. Arencibia behind the plate as well after misguidedly thinking he could be a decent first baseman.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)