Jul 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick is off the disabled list after missing all but one week of the past two months with knee problems.
Reddick hit just .229 with four homers and a .653 OPS in 54 games before the injury struck and also posted a sub-.700 OPS last season, so it’ll be interesting to see how long the A’s stick with him if he doesn’t start producing soon.
In his absence the A’s used Brandon Moss and Stephen Vogt in right field and they have plenty of moving parts for manager Bob Melvin to mix and match if one isn’t producing. How much leeway will Reddick’s strong 2012 campaign buy him now?
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)