Jul 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick is off the disabled list after missing all but one week of the past two months with knee problems.
Reddick hit just .229 with four homers and a .653 OPS in 54 games before the injury struck and also posted a sub-.700 OPS last season, so it’ll be interesting to see how long the A’s stick with him if he doesn’t start producing soon.
In his absence the A’s used Brandon Moss and Stephen Vogt in right field and they have plenty of moving parts for manager Bob Melvin to mix and match if one isn’t producing. How much leeway will Reddick’s strong 2012 campaign buy him now?
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 65
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)