Jul 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick is off the disabled list after missing all but one week of the past two months with knee problems.
Reddick hit just .229 with four homers and a .653 OPS in 54 games before the injury struck and also posted a sub-.700 OPS last season, so it’ll be interesting to see how long the A’s stick with him if he doesn’t start producing soon.
In his absence the A’s used Brandon Moss and Stephen Vogt in right field and they have plenty of moving parts for manager Bob Melvin to mix and match if one isn’t producing. How much leeway will Reddick’s strong 2012 campaign buy him now?
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)