Jul 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick is off the disabled list after missing all but one week of the past two months with knee problems.
Reddick hit just .229 with four homers and a .653 OPS in 54 games before the injury struck and also posted a sub-.700 OPS last season, so it’ll be interesting to see how long the A’s stick with him if he doesn’t start producing soon.
In his absence the A’s used Brandon Moss and Stephen Vogt in right field and they have plenty of moving parts for manager Bob Melvin to mix and match if one isn’t producing. How much leeway will Reddick’s strong 2012 campaign buy him now?
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)