Jul 22, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Good news here for the Cardinals bullpen …
According to Brian Stull of CBS Sports 920, left-handed reliever Kevin Siegrist joined back up with the club on Tuesday in St. Louis and is expected to be activated from the disabled list on Wednesday.
Siegrist landed on the disabled list at the end of May with a forearm strain and then developed a shoulder problem during his rehabilitation. But he has rattled off five straight scoreless relief appearances at Double-A Springfield and is currently pain-free.
The 25-year-old boasts a 1.51 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 59 2/3 major league innings.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 8
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 59
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 29
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)