Jul 22, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Good news here for the Cardinals bullpen …
According to Brian Stull of CBS Sports 920, left-handed reliever Kevin Siegrist joined back up with the club on Tuesday in St. Louis and is expected to be activated from the disabled list on Wednesday.
Siegrist landed on the disabled list at the end of May with a forearm strain and then developed a shoulder problem during his rehabilitation. But he has rattled off five straight scoreless relief appearances at Double-A Springfield and is currently pain-free.
The 25-year-old boasts a 1.51 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 59 2/3 major league innings.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)