Jul 22, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Good news here for the Cardinals bullpen …
According to Brian Stull of CBS Sports 920, left-handed reliever Kevin Siegrist joined back up with the club on Tuesday in St. Louis and is expected to be activated from the disabled list on Wednesday.
Siegrist landed on the disabled list at the end of May with a forearm strain and then developed a shoulder problem during his rehabilitation. But he has rattled off five straight scoreless relief appearances at Double-A Springfield and is currently pain-free.
The 25-year-old boasts a 1.51 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 59 2/3 major league innings.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)