Jul 22, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Good news here for the Cardinals bullpen …
According to Brian Stull of CBS Sports 920, left-handed reliever Kevin Siegrist joined back up with the club on Tuesday in St. Louis and is expected to be activated from the disabled list on Wednesday.
Siegrist landed on the disabled list at the end of May with a forearm strain and then developed a shoulder problem during his rehabilitation. But he has rattled off five straight scoreless relief appearances at Double-A Springfield and is currently pain-free.
The 25-year-old boasts a 1.51 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 59 2/3 major league innings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)