Jul 22, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Good news here for the Cardinals bullpen …
According to Brian Stull of CBS Sports 920, left-handed reliever Kevin Siegrist joined back up with the club on Tuesday in St. Louis and is expected to be activated from the disabled list on Wednesday.
Siegrist landed on the disabled list at the end of May with a forearm strain and then developed a shoulder problem during his rehabilitation. But he has rattled off five straight scoreless relief appearances at Double-A Springfield and is currently pain-free.
The 25-year-old boasts a 1.51 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 59 2/3 major league innings.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 36
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)