Jul 22, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer is seven weeks into what was supposed to be at least a 6-8 week recovery for a broken left shoulder socket and an MRI exam showed that he’s healing well enough to stop wearing a protective sling.
Cuddyer told Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post that he’s aiming to come off the disabled list in mid-August, but “we don’t have a specific timeline, because it’s all symptomatic right now.”
If all goes well he could be cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment in 2-3 weeks, at which point he’d be about one week from rejoining the Rockies’ lineup.
Cuddyer, who won the batting title last season by hitting .331 with a .919 OPS in 130 games, hit .317 with five homers and an .866 OPS in 31 games before the injury this year.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 PM EDT
Jeter has caught fire with only days remaining in his career.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Danny Duffy tossed six scoreless innings in his return from left rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 22, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Sergio Romo and Shawon Dunston “exchanged heated words with raised voices” before Bruce Bochy intervened.
Sep 22, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Shoemaker came out of nowhere to go 16-4 with a 3.07 ERA and 124/24 K/BB ratio in 136 innings as a 27-year-old rookie, including a 9-1 record and 1.49 ERA in 67 innings since late July.
Sep 22, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
Tomas, 23, could reportedly command a $100 million contract.
Sep 22, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Former major league pitcher and current player agent Dave Stewart is viewed as the overwhelming favorite for the job.
Sep 22, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Rough day for the Wren family.
Sep 22, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
In his first full season as a starter Ross finishes with a 2.81 ERA and 195 strikeouts in 196 innings.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
The Royals made it interesting, but the Indians hung on for a 4-3 victory.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
In other words: He won’t be an option again this season even if the Mariners make a deep playoff run.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Pearce has been one of baseball’s biggest surprises this season, batting .297 with 20 home runs and .932 OPS over 98 games.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
He’s owed $23 million in 2015, $25 million in 2016, and $25 million or a $5 million buyout for 2017.
Sep 22, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
“He’s a good baseball guy, and we’re in this thing together.”
Sep 22, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Good news for the Yankees and their once and future ace
Sep 22, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
When injuries wrecked the Mariners’ rotation depth Chris Young stepped in and went 12-6 with a 3.07 ERA through his first 24 starts.
Sep 22, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Sep 22, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
Washington cut Perez loose after claiming light-hitting shortstop Pedro Florimon off waivers from Minnesota.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)