Jul 22, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Mariners starter Roenis Elias left last night’s game against the Mets with an apparent arm injury.
Elias, who was having a good night when he left, having allowed one run while striking out eight over five and a third, was visited by the trainer and was seen stretching out his fingers and hand which often suggests forearm tightness.
He’s 8-8 with a 4.41 ERA on the year. His status should be updated sometime today.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)