Jul 22, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sure enough, the Rockies have now placed Tulowitzki on the disabled list with a left hip flexor strain.
Troy Tulowitzki exited Saturday’s game with what the Rockies called a “cramp” in his quadriceps, but now the star shortstop is out of the lineup tonight for the third consecutive game and it’s clear the injury is more serious.
Tulowitzki has a long injury history, so this naturally leads to speculation that the Rockies are trying to downplay his current malady ahead of a potential trade. Or maybe he’s just not healing as quickly as they hoped and it’ll ultimately prove to be a minor issue.
Tulowitzki has played 91 of the Rockies’ first 99 games while leading the league in batting average (.340), on-base percentage (.432), and slugging percentage (.603). As usual Coors Field has been a huge help, as he’s posted a ridiculous 1.246 OPS at home compared to a still-good-but-not-amazing .811 OPS on the road.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)