Jul 23, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Well, now we know why Jeff Francoeur got called up:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that San Diego Padres outfielder Cameron Maybin has received a 25-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Maybin is effective immediately.
Maybin is hitting .247/.286/.368 in 62 games. Which made him the third best hitter on the team as far as OPS+ goes. If that’s enhanced performance I’d hate to see the real McCoy.
In jokes, we will also accept:
@craigcalcaterra Surely anyone required to stay awake during Padres’ games deserves a therapeutic exemption.
— ursus arctos (@ursus_arctos59) July 23, 2014
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)