Jul 23, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Well, now we know why Jeff Francoeur got called up:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that San Diego Padres outfielder Cameron Maybin has received a 25-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Maybin is effective immediately.
Maybin is hitting .247/.286/.368 in 62 games. Which made him the third best hitter on the team as far as OPS+ goes. If that’s enhanced performance I’d hate to see the real McCoy.
In jokes, we will also accept:
@craigcalcaterra Surely anyone required to stay awake during Padres’ games deserves a therapeutic exemption.
— ursus arctos (@ursus_arctos59) July 23, 2014
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)