Meanwhile, in the comic books

Jul 23, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT

Just some randomness from Levi Stahl, who is one of my favorite Twitter follows.

What the heck kind of catcher’s glove is that? Why is Captain America “leading off” from third base in the wrong direction? Also: isn’t Wonder Man balking here? So many questions.

Either way, I think Thor either strikes out or hits it really far. He’s not much of a singles hitter.

1. mlbfan8898 - Jul 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM

You nerd

2. Detroit Michael - Jul 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Also the third baseman is mostly in foul territory and the pitcher’s back foot is way too far back. Still a cool comic book cover though!

3. historiophiliac - Jul 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM

That reminds me of the Bitstrips comic I couldn’t resist doing even though it said I was knocking it out of the park but the ball was behind the batter in the picture and it put me in the follow through part of the swing. I’m not saying Canadians don’t know baseball though…

4. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Jul 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Thor is a Asgardian Asterisk? Does that me he was the Original steroid king? I think a full investigation is necessary. I need a urine sample stat!

• historiophiliac - Jul 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM

You get to collect it!

5. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Jul 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM

She-Hulk on second, with Tigra defending. Mocking Bird is defending third. Hawkeye is defending first, but I have no CLUE who’s the baserunner there. Captain Brittan maybe?

• Uncle Charlie - Jul 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Black Knight.

6. shaggylocks - Jul 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM

THOR, SOMETHING TELLS ME HE’S GOING TO THROW A CURVE!!!!

7. yahmule - Jul 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM

The tortuously bad proportions just scream Al Milgrom artwork. Examine the size of the baserunners and consider that there is 90 feet between each base. Captain America would be over 30 feet tall based on this picture.

• yahmule - Jul 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM

And that catcher’s mitt is just so wrong.

Giants, Royals took unique paths to WS