Jul 23, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
It’s not been the greatest year ever for Ryan Zimmermann. He has fought through his degenerative shoulder condition, broke his thumb and had to learn to play left field. Last night the latest bump in the road presented itself: a strained hamstring.
Zimmerman left in the sixth inning after a run down the first base line which resulted with him on the ground holding the back of his leg. Zimmerman will get an MRI today, but it didn’t look good.
He’s already missed 44 games this year. He’s about to miss several more.
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 0
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 63
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)