Jul 23, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
It’s not been the greatest year ever for Ryan Zimmermann. He has fought through his degenerative shoulder condition, broke his thumb and had to learn to play left field. Last night the latest bump in the road presented itself: a strained hamstring.
Zimmerman left in the sixth inning after a run down the first base line which resulted with him on the ground holding the back of his leg. Zimmerman will get an MRI today, but it didn’t look good.
He’s already missed 44 games this year. He’s about to miss several more.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 80
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)