Jul 23, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
It’s not been the greatest year ever for Ryan Zimmermann. He has fought through his degenerative shoulder condition, broke his thumb and had to learn to play left field. Last night the latest bump in the road presented itself: a strained hamstring.
Zimmerman left in the sixth inning after a run down the first base line which resulted with him on the ground holding the back of his leg. Zimmerman will get an MRI today, but it didn’t look good.
He’s already missed 44 games this year. He’s about to miss several more.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)