Jul 23, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
It’s not been the greatest year ever for Ryan Zimmermann. He has fought through his degenerative shoulder condition, broke his thumb and had to learn to play left field. Last night the latest bump in the road presented itself: a strained hamstring.
Zimmerman left in the sixth inning after a run down the first base line which resulted with him on the ground holding the back of his leg. Zimmerman will get an MRI today, but it didn’t look good.
He’s already missed 44 games this year. He’s about to miss several more.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)