Jul 23, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
It’s not been the greatest year ever for Ryan Zimmermann. He has fought through his degenerative shoulder condition, broke his thumb and had to learn to play left field. Last night the latest bump in the road presented itself: a strained hamstring.
Zimmerman left in the sixth inning after a run down the first base line which resulted with him on the ground holding the back of his leg. Zimmerman will get an MRI today, but it didn’t look good.
He’s already missed 44 games this year. He’s about to miss several more.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 1
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)