Jul 23, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
It’s a good thing that Jeff Francoeur got called up by the Padres, because at the rate he was going his Triple-A teammates in El Paso were gonna kill him.
You’ll recall that Francoeur was the victim of a long-form prank back in April when the El Paso Chihuahuas pretended that pitcher Jorge Reyes was deaf and Francouer fell for it. Which, I dunno, seemed like maybe he was just being a nice sensitive guy, but let’s call it a clever prank anyway.
This time there was no cleverness about it. The Chihuahuas just up and locked him in a bathroom for an hour. This time he probably had it coming as he used the coach’s bathroom and that’s against the rules. His manager made a good point: “he wouldn’t use Bobby Cox’s bathroom, he’s not gonna use mine.”
Francoeur eventually escaped through the ceiling. And his teammates taped it all:
No on to San Diego. Where he can get some peace and quiet.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)