Jul 23, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
It’s a good thing that Jeff Francoeur got called up by the Padres, because at the rate he was going his Triple-A teammates in El Paso were gonna kill him.
You’ll recall that Francoeur was the victim of a long-form prank back in April when the El Paso Chihuahuas pretended that pitcher Jorge Reyes was deaf and Francouer fell for it. Which, I dunno, seemed like maybe he was just being a nice sensitive guy, but let’s call it a clever prank anyway.
This time there was no cleverness about it. The Chihuahuas just up and locked him in a bathroom for an hour. This time he probably had it coming as he used the coach’s bathroom and that’s against the rules. His manager made a good point: “he wouldn’t use Bobby Cox’s bathroom, he’s not gonna use mine.”
Francoeur eventually escaped through the ceiling. And his teammates taped it all:
No on to San Diego. Where he can get some peace and quiet.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)