Jul 23, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
It’s a good thing that Jeff Francoeur got called up by the Padres, because at the rate he was going his Triple-A teammates in El Paso were gonna kill him.
You’ll recall that Francoeur was the victim of a long-form prank back in April when the El Paso Chihuahuas pretended that pitcher Jorge Reyes was deaf and Francouer fell for it. Which, I dunno, seemed like maybe he was just being a nice sensitive guy, but let’s call it a clever prank anyway.
This time there was no cleverness about it. The Chihuahuas just up and locked him in a bathroom for an hour. This time he probably had it coming as he used the coach’s bathroom and that’s against the rules. His manager made a good point: “he wouldn’t use Bobby Cox’s bathroom, he’s not gonna use mine.”
Francoeur eventually escaped through the ceiling. And his teammates taped it all:
No on to San Diego. Where he can get some peace and quiet.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)