Jul 24, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Chuck Knoblauch, who has seemingly lived an extremely troubled life since retiring from baseball in 2002 following a 12-year career with the Yankees, Twins, and Royals, was arrested Wednesday night in Texas and charged with assaulting his ex-wife.
According to K-HOU television in Houston the 46-year-old Knoblauch has been charged with assault of a family member, Cheri Knoblauch, whom he divorced in 2012. He was released on a $10,000 bond. Knoblauch was previously convicted of hitting then-wife Stacy Stelmach in 2010 and received one year of probation in that case.
Knoblauch had been scheduled to be inducted into the Twins’ team Hall of Fame next month in a ceremony at Target Field, but the Twins just announced the cancellation of that event–and apparently his induction, period–in the wake of this news.
UPDATE: ABC-13 television in Houston has more details:
According to a police report, Knoblauch assaulted his wife, leaving a large bruise on her arm, a larger scratch on the left side of her face and a knot on her forehead. Knoblauch’s wife, Cheri, told police her husband was upset she slept next to her child in another bedroom rather than next to him. He allegedly grabbed her and smashed her head against a wall before throwing a humidifier at her.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 1
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)