Jul 24, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Chuck Knoblauch, who has seemingly lived an extremely troubled life since retiring from baseball in 2002 following a 12-year career with the Yankees, Twins, and Royals, was arrested Wednesday night in Texas and charged with assaulting his ex-wife.
According to K-HOU television in Houston the 46-year-old Knoblauch has been charged with assault of a family member, Cheri Knoblauch, whom he divorced in 2012. He was released on a $10,000 bond. Knoblauch was previously convicted of hitting then-wife Stacy Stelmach in 2010 and received one year of probation in that case.
Knoblauch had been scheduled to be inducted into the Twins’ team Hall of Fame next month in a ceremony at Target Field, but the Twins just announced the cancellation of that event–and apparently his induction, period–in the wake of this news.
UPDATE: ABC-13 television in Houston has more details:
According to a police report, Knoblauch assaulted his wife, leaving a large bruise on her arm, a larger scratch on the left side of her face and a knot on her forehead. Knoblauch’s wife, Cheri, told police her husband was upset she slept next to her child in another bedroom rather than next to him. He allegedly grabbed her and smashed her head against a wall before throwing a humidifier at her.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 44
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)