Jul 24, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
How bad was the fractured fibula suffered last month by Astros top prospect and former No. 1 overall pick Carlos Correa? They initially hoped he’d be ready to participate in the Arizona Fall League to get some of the at-bats he missed during the regular season, but general manager Jeff Luhnow told Jose De Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle they no longer believe the shortstop will be ready by then.
Before the injury Correa was having an excellent season, hitting .325 with 20 steals in 62 games at high Single-A as a 19-year-old. He’d emerged as a consensus top-10 prospect across baseball and seemed ready to potentially make the jump to Double-A before his 20th birthday, but now he’s unlikely to see any game action again until spring training.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)