Jul 24, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
How bad was the fractured fibula suffered last month by Astros top prospect and former No. 1 overall pick Carlos Correa? They initially hoped he’d be ready to participate in the Arizona Fall League to get some of the at-bats he missed during the regular season, but general manager Jeff Luhnow told Jose De Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle they no longer believe the shortstop will be ready by then.
Before the injury Correa was having an excellent season, hitting .325 with 20 steals in 62 games at high Single-A as a 19-year-old. He’d emerged as a consensus top-10 prospect across baseball and seemed ready to potentially make the jump to Double-A before his 20th birthday, but now he’s unlikely to see any game action again until spring training.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)