Jul 24, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
UPDATE: Welp, that was fast. Shane Victorino had a base hit in the seventh. Stand down.
2:49PM: Blue Jays rookie right-hander Marcus Stroman is currently no-hitting the Red Sox through six innings. The odds are against him completing it as he has already tossed 91 pitches through six innings. But it’s worth keeping our eye on it all the same.
The win, it would seem, is in the bag, however, as the Jays are leading Boston 7-0. We’ll keep you posted.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)