Jul 24, 2014, 8:52 AM EDT
The Yankees-Rangers game ended after five innings last night because the field wasn’t playable after the rain delay. The reason the infield was so bad off was because it took forever for the grounds crew to get the tarp on when the rains came.
It wasn’t their fault, really. The rain came so heavy and so fast that the tarp got heavy before it could be pulled onto the infield. And then winds complicated things. Just … um, a perfect storm.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)