Jul 24, 2014, 8:52 AM EDT
The Yankees-Rangers game ended after five innings last night because the field wasn’t playable after the rain delay. The reason the infield was so bad off was because it took forever for the grounds crew to get the tarp on when the rains came.
It wasn’t their fault, really. The rain came so heavy and so fast that the tarp got heavy before it could be pulled onto the infield. And then winds complicated things. Just … um, a perfect storm.
- The beauty of belief 21
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)