Jul 24, 2014, 8:52 AM EDT
The Yankees-Rangers game ended after five innings last night because the field wasn’t playable after the rain delay. The reason the infield was so bad off was because it took forever for the grounds crew to get the tarp on when the rains came.
It wasn’t their fault, really. The rain came so heavy and so fast that the tarp got heavy before it could be pulled onto the infield. And then winds complicated things. Just … um, a perfect storm.
- Mariners acquire Mark Trumbo from the Diamondbacks 7
- Video: Masahiro Tanaka shines in return from disabled list 5
- Marlon Byrd hits disabled list with fractured wrist 0
- Red Sox acquire Alejandro De Aza from Orioles 28
- Video: Lloyd McClendon got ejected, threw another tantrum 33
- Albert Pujols ties Jimmie Foxx on the all-time home run list 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 104
- Matt Holliday’s historical on-base streak ends with ejection 86
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (186)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (104)