Jul 25, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kyle Gibson has had an up-and-down first full season for the Twins and now he may wind up on the disabled list with a back injury.
Gibson was scratched from Wednesday’s scheduled start with lower back stiffness and the Twins initially said he’d likely be able to start Saturday instead, but now he’s said to be “doubtful” for that game as well.
Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that Triple-A left-hander Logan Darnell is on call if needed to fill in Saturday for Gibson, who has a 4.19 ERA in 19 starts five years after being the Twins’ first-round draft pick.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)