Jul 25, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kyle Gibson has had an up-and-down first full season for the Twins and now he may wind up on the disabled list with a back injury.
Gibson was scratched from Wednesday’s scheduled start with lower back stiffness and the Twins initially said he’d likely be able to start Saturday instead, but now he’s said to be “doubtful” for that game as well.
Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that Triple-A left-hander Logan Darnell is on call if needed to fill in Saturday for Gibson, who has a 4.19 ERA in 19 starts five years after being the Twins’ first-round draft pick.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)