Jul 25, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Last week reports had the Mets being willing to trade Bartolo Colon and now Andy Martino of the New York Daily News says they’d be willing to eat as much as $2 million in salary to move him in the right deal.
Of course, $2 million isn’t a whole lot considering Colon is owed about $4 million for the remainder of this season and another $11 million in 2015.
Colon figures to be a fallback option for teams that miss out on David Price and perhaps Cole Hamels. At age 41 he’s at risk to break down, but Colon has a 2.98 ERA in his last 12 starts with a 62/14 K/BB ratio and .217 opponents’ batting average in 85 innings.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15