Jul 25, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Ryan Howard is out of the Phillies’ lineup for the third consecutive game. It make a lot of sense tonight, however, as the Phillies face off against lefty Wade Miley. Darin Ruf gets the start. Ruf has hit a homer off Miley once, so that’s not nothing I suppose.
Still baffled at yesterday, though. Howard sat against a righty, Tim Hudson, who he has absolutely owned throughout his career. If you’re going to platoon, you give that start to Howard.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 9
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)