Jul 25, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Ryan Howard is out of the Phillies’ lineup for the third consecutive game. It make a lot of sense tonight, however, as the Phillies face off against lefty Wade Miley. Darin Ruf gets the start. Ruf has hit a homer off Miley once, so that’s not nothing I suppose.
Still baffled at yesterday, though. Howard sat against a righty, Tim Hudson, who he has absolutely owned throughout his career. If you’re going to platoon, you give that start to Howard.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 37
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 95
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (95)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)