Jul 25, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Ryan Howard is out of the Phillies’ lineup for the third consecutive game. It make a lot of sense tonight, however, as the Phillies face off against lefty Wade Miley. Darin Ruf gets the start. Ruf has hit a homer off Miley once, so that’s not nothing I suppose.
Still baffled at yesterday, though. Howard sat against a righty, Tim Hudson, who he has absolutely owned throughout his career. If you’re going to platoon, you give that start to Howard.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)