Jul 25, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Ryan Howard is out of the Phillies’ lineup for the third consecutive game. It make a lot of sense tonight, however, as the Phillies face off against lefty Wade Miley. Darin Ruf gets the start. Ruf has hit a homer off Miley once, so that’s not nothing I suppose.
Still baffled at yesterday, though. Howard sat against a righty, Tim Hudson, who he has absolutely owned throughout his career. If you’re going to platoon, you give that start to Howard.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)